Monday 5 February 2018

#1: "Guitar"



The first weekly art theme was "Guitar". I designed several ideas for a poster advertising a music festival, using guitar-related imagery

For the first design (top-left), I wanted to use negative space to create the shape of a guitar. I accomplished this using musical imagery in the process by taking a musical staff and distorting it in a similar way as in the following image.
For the second design (top-right), I used negative space again. However this time, I used a picture of a person playing on a guitar, based on the following image here, however I simplified the person and removed the outline of the guitar entirely. I also added many musical notes surrounding the image to fill up empty space
Third design (bottom-left), I wanted to try something more simple. This poster design uses a really close up image of a guitar on it. Additionally, I made the guitar's strings look like another musical staff by putting notes on them. Not really much else to say aside from posting the original image that inspired me to do this design
For the fourth and final design (bottom-right), I tried to do some perspective things, with an angled guitar. It turned out looking a little bit wonky, but it's only a thumbnail sketch, so it's not that big of a problem. I was attempting to get something similar to what is in the following image (although without the player)

Well I guess that's all for now! Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment