Wednesday 14 February 2018

#3 "Mythology"

This theme is "Mythology". I quickly sketched up a few different tattoo design ideas each of a different mythological being to see which one would fit well. These being a mermaid, a kasa-obake, a kappa, and a dragon. In the end, I decided the kasa-obake would make the most interesting tattoo sleeve design
Since the kasa-obake hops around on one leg, I figured it would be cool to design a tattoo sleeve around it as bending one's elbow could cause the kasa-obake on the sleeve to bend it's knee as well. Rather than putting "Kasa-obake" as it's name, since this is a mythological being of Japanese origin, I instead had it's name in Japanese on the design instead. And since there ended up being a bit of empty space at the bottom, I thought of placing a second kasa-obake to fill up that space.
I chose to depict the creature in a more cutsey design, similar to how it appears in the video game "Kirby's Dream Land 3"
Until next time..


No comments:

Post a Comment