Tuesday 13 March 2018

#6 "Storyboard" (Part 1)

For this posting, I will be trying to create a four panel "storyboard" for a short scene
The scene involves the Grim Reaper themselves having a lovely stroll down the street, when suddenly, a banana peel comes out of nowhere and they trip on it.

PART 1
First was a quick little sketch. It's not particularly good, but it gets the job done
Now, I enlarge and re-draw each panel separately in order to get better images




PART 2

For the second half of this post, I will take one of these panels and further refine it in full colour!

First things first, is to re-draw the scene entirely to be neater, starting with the background. This is still meant to be just a storyboard, so there is still some roughness to it
Now, on a separate layer, I have to draw Death. Rather than just drawing a cartoony one from scratch, I find a realistically proportioned Death to use as a base
With Death on his own separate layer, I don't have to worry about them interfering with the background, and I am able to move them around later on if I wish to do so
Next is the background colour, which will be its own layer behind everything in order to not interfere with the details when I add them. I use a slightly transparent brush, allowing the strokes to overlap each other, and help the background colour look more like the sky instead of just a solid blue void
Next step, I do flat colours for the actual background and Death. The background's colours and Death's colours are both on separate layers to make changes after its finished if I need to

For the last few steps, I add shading and highlights to the image, with the highlights being Screen layers, and the shading being Multiply layers. Additionally, the background and Death once again each have their own set of shading and highlights layers

And with that finished, now Death can have a lovely stroll down the street









No comments:

Post a Comment